Tuesday, May 7, 2013

On Being Delayed


In the airport, on our way to Manila, we were greeted by a bad news, that our flight, which was supposed to leave at 3:35 pm, has been delayed, and thus we’ll leave the General Santos airport at 5:30 pm. What a wasted two hours!!! (or so I thought)

As we were waiting for the plane’s arrival, I noticed a little girl (around 7 or 8 yrs old) kept on loitering around my side of the chair. She will peep in and try to look at what I’m doing and then run off, only to do the same thing all over again. At first, it truly was irritating and annoying. But while doing “my thing” on my laptop, God had reminded of how my kids would react to a delayed plane. From there on, I quickly tried to finish what I was doing. When done, I have searched for the child, asked permission from her parents and together, we have watched “Puss in Boots”. For 15 mins, she was silent, her mom never had to call her back to her chair, she had never annoyed another passenger and she had enjoyed the show. This act of kindness, no matter who had benefited from it, is rare these days. Am I better than everybody else? No, I was actually as rotten as any passenger was on that day. But God had stirred my heart and allowed me to reach out to this little girl. What was her name?  I had forgotten, though I have asked for it. I may have forgotten her name, her look, her age, her height…but I will never forget that experience. And I pray to God that He will cause more of this in the coming days. Hopefully, the next time it happens, I will be courageous enough to share the Gospel.

No comments: