Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Joy of Crocheting...

I've never thought crocheting could be so much fun! 

Most people here in the Philippines perceive crocheting, or what we commonly called "ganchillo", as something done by older people who no longer has anything 'beneficial' to do. But as I looked into the internet, people who are way younger than I have their own tutorial videos about crocheting! And so, armed with a crocheting hook, I looked for the beginner's tutorial video and had actually found one. And thus began the sleepless nights of crocheting!

Being a consumer, I've always complained about the prices of the things others are selling. One time, I went to a mall to look for a scarf. Lo & behold, the price was P280 for somethings so thin and small! For me, it was just a small piece of cloth, cut and just added tassels all around. I couldn't believe of the price that I have to pay for such a thing! But when I started crocheting, the scarf that I'm actually making, had already cost me P280 and yet I'm still not yet done! But you know what's the difference between buying a machine-made and doing it by yourself? It's the joy of learning! It's the joy of knowing that from your God-given hands, you were able to create something so useful and beautiful!

No comments: